Travelling to the Conference
Travelling to the “Making Waves in Youth Work” conference
Plan your Journey by Car
London to Brighton train times information
Trains from London to Brighton leave from London Bridge, London Victoria or London Blackfriars, and there are several departures an hour. Journey time is usually just over an hour for direct services, while indirect trains typically change at Hove, Haywards Heath or Three Bridges.
Many of the trains are run by Southern as well as by First Capital Connect. Southern Rail now offer hand-made filled sandwiches, made fresh every day. They also provide the Rail Gourmet at-seat trolley catering service on many of the trips between London and Brighton. Passengers are welcome to bring their bicycles with them on the trains except during rush hour. However, folded cycles are welcome anytime as long as they fit in the luggage compartment.
Thameslink services run direct to Brighton from St Pancras International and London Blackfriars. There are also direct services starting from London Bridge.
Direct Thameslink services to Brighton take an hour from London Bridge, and 1 hour 17 minutes from London Blackfriars.
London Gatwick airport is approximately 30km north of the city & just 30 minutes away by train. Gatwick serves a huge array of national and international flights and has a south and a north terminal.
Low cost airlines serving Gatwick include:
Visit the London Gatwick airport website for further details.
Coaches are a cost effective way of travelling to Brighton from almost anywhere in the UK or Europe. They tend to take longer than train journeys of the equivalent route, but are generally clean and comfortable, with onboard toilet facilities.
Coach travel to Brighton from the London and South East Airports
Regular National Express coaches serve Brighton from the main London Airports of Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted.
Coaches arrive at Pool Valley Coach Station, which is very central and just moments from the beach and Brighton Palace Pier.
Guide direct travel times to Brighton by coach, from London Victoria and key London and South East airports, are listed below.
Please note; these are only a guide and may vary depending on route and interchange times. Full information is available on the National Express website.
- London Victoria Coach Station to Brighton – 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Gatwick Airport to Brighton – 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the airport terminal you are departing from/travelling to.
- Heathrow Airport to Brighton – 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes depending on the airport terminal you are departing from/travelling to.
- Stansted Airport to Brighton – direct coaches run approximately every 2 hours and take around 4 hours.
- Luton Airport to Brighton – coaches from Luton to Brighton go via Heathrow and the fastest journey time is 3 hours and 45 minutes. It is much quicker to travel by train, as there are direct connections which take approximately 2 hours.
- Southampton Airport to Brighton – fastest journey is 2 hours, 50 minutes direct from Southampton Coach Station.
Accommodation in Brighton & Hove
With so much to see and do you’ll want to stay for longer than a day and with such a stylish variety of options, accommodation in Brighton & Hove ensures that back to base doesn’t mean back to basics…
Accommodation in Brighton & Hove includes large seafront hotels, quirky boutiques and stylish hostels. If you love the outdoors then campsites in Brighton are a great way to get back to nature and explore the stunning South Downs countryside.
There is accommodation in Brighton to suit every budget so whether you fancy splashing out on a high-end luxury break or fancy a quick, value-for-money getaway there are plenty of options.