As individual members of the Institute for Youth Work you are supporting the work of youth workers across the whole of England.
Your support for the IYW, as individuals, joins your voice to hundreds of others, creating greater representation for youth workers across the country. The IYW is committed to channelling these voices into the boards and meetings where we can influence decisions and policy change on your behalf.
With your membership, you can expect:
- Your welcome letter from the Chair of the IYW Council
- FREE IYW ‘Member’ pin badge
- FREE IYW pen
- FREE A3 IYW Code of Ethics poster
- IYW Member E-signature and virtual background for online meetings
- Charity discounts – IYW will send a monthly email update to members highlighting selected discounts available to them through their membership
- Discounts offered on Youth Work publications, such as those written by Vanessa Rogers
- Conferences – FREE attendance for all members to all IYW Conferences
- Quarterly newsletters containing IYW updates, sector news, exclusive blogs by sector leaders, funding opportunities and more
- Opportunities to influence national Youth Work strategy through representation on the elected IYW Council
Our Different Types of Membership
Volunteer membership: Anyone whose only work with young people is in an unpaid capacity
Student membership: Anyone who is studying on a professionally qualifying youth work Degree/Masters course or Apprenticeship
Certified membership: Anyone who has gained their professional qualification in Youth Work as accredited by the National Youth Agency (and linked to JNC Terms and Conditions). AKA “JNC qualified”
Member membership: Anyone who does not sit neatly into one of the above membership categories. For example, a paid Youth Worker who is not studying for their professional qualification; or a (non-Youth Work qualified) academic whose interest is in Youth Work.